Advanced Roofing, established in 1983, is the largest commercial roof and specialty contractor in Florida, and the 10th largest in the country. The business has consistently experienced year over year growth, driven by its reputation for top-quality work and exceptional and professional customer service.
Position Value Proposition
Join our Roofing team and assist in the growth of the business by partnering up with different departments across our South Florida division to support their material needs. We are proud to work for a renowned industry leader that prioritizes the customers’ needs [both internal and external], never sacrifices quality and has a high performing leadership team that focuses on providing job stability, safety, and continued growth and development to team members across the company.
We are looking for an experienced Warehouse Manager to manage daily operations and support our continues growth across our South Florida roofing division. The ideal candidate has construction warehouse management experience and has experience managing a group of warehouse laborers. To oversee and coordinate the daily warehousing activities by optimizing processes and ensuring productivity targets are achieved, thus guaranteeing the efficient delivery of products. Responsible for maintaining a safe and organized yard and warehouse environment. This position will also oversee the procurement of the material needs as well as the distribution and delivery of all necessary materials. This role demands a blend of leadership, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Efficient receipt, storage, and dispatch of a wide variety of goods.
- Manage inventory levels, maintain equipment, and enforce safety protocols.
- Complete all required KRA’s and meet all the requirements listed in this job description.
- Develop and implement operational policies and procedures to improve warehouse efficiency.
- Ensure that goods are stored and handled in an organized manner, maximizing space utilization.
- Coordinate the timely receipt, storage, and dispatch of goods.
- Oversee inventory management to maintain accurate records and minimize losses.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes.
- Schedule pickups and deliveries of material to job sites and vendors.
- Lead a team of warehouse staff, including hiring, training, and performance management.
- Allocate and manage staff resources based on changing needs.
- Motivate and lead the warehouse team to effectively carry out given tasks.
Safety and Compliance
- Enforce safety procedures and protocols to ensure a safe working environment.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements.
- Develop and maintain emergency response plans and procedures.
- Oversee the inventory levels and implement inventory control measures to reduce obsolescence and wastage.
- Conduct regular inventory audits to ensure accuracy and reliability of the inventory system.
- Coordinate with procurement to ensure the optimal level of stock is maintained.
- Request purchase orders and replenish inventory items.
- Purchase materials for load list, stock and as requested by foremen.
- Process and oversee load lists and out of stock tickets.
- Monitor the quality of goods entering and leaving the warehouse to ensure they meet set standards.
- Implement measures to minimize damage and breakages of goods.
Budget and Cost Control
- Prepare annual budgets in consultation with the finance department.
- Monitor operational costs and implement cost-saving measures where possible.
- Ensure that warehouse machinery and equipment are maintained in good working condition.
- Develop a preventive maintenance program for warehouse facilities and equipment.
- Oversee Yard housekeeping.
Reporting and Administration
- Prepare and submit regular reports on warehouse performance and efficiency.
- Collaborate with IT staff to ensure the effective use of warehousing systems and automation.
- Process equipment and materials returning from job sites
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, logistics, or related field preferred.
- Relevant certifications in warehouse management or supply chain (an asset).
- 5-7 years of experience in warehousing
- 3 years in a managerial role.
- 3 years of experience working in the construction industry
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and is deadline driven.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Flexible to accommodate changing priorities and shifts in day-to-day tasks.
- A strong work ethic and a high level of self-motivation.
- This role involves both office work and spending time in the warehouse, which might involve standing for extended periods and occasionally lifting heavy goods.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills with ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Proficient in warehouse management software and databases or trainable in these categories.
- Proficiency in data analysis and inventory management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to identify issues and implement effective solutions.
- Experience in general construction a plus.
- Maintain drug-free culture.
- Successfully pass background investigation.
- Successfully pass pre-employment Drug Test.
Working Conditions | Environment | Special Requirements
- Full time onsite.
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including OSHA, State and Federal regulations.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing upon reasonable suspicion or any other regulatory requirement.
- Must be able to work in a dog friendly environment.
GENERAL COMMITEMENT FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
- Commitment to Company values and complies with Company norms, policies, directives, and procedures.
- Follows all safety procedures and protocols.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities required to be performed by the employee. Performs all other duties as assigned.
- We are an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
CC-C024413 EOE DFWP