Sustainable Roofing Practices
Advanced Roofing aims to be the Greenest Commercial Roofing Contractor in Florida, and beyond with our commitment to renewable energy and sustainable business practices
Advanced Roofing is recognized nationally for its commitment to the environment and sustainable roofing practices. Our commitment to sustainability means we use roofing systems, products and company best practices that reduce waste and limit the impact on our environment while creating resilient and environmentally-responsible buildings for our community and customers.
Going Green Starts With Your Roof
Going green starts by maintaining your existing roof to increase its lifespan and avoid a replacement. Our Preventive Roof Maintenance Program can help stop problems before they cause damage to your property. We offer many green solutions like roof coatings and restoration solutions that not only avoid waste but can prolong the life of your roof at a fraction of the price of a complete tear-off and roof replacement.
If you are in the market for a reroofing solution for your commercial property in Florida, we can help you select sustainable products that can last up to 50 years and align with your business’s renewable energy practices. We can also help you bundle a new roof and renewable energy tax credit with the installation of a rooftop solar system.
Benefits of a Sustainable Roofing System
- Use Less Energy: Sustainable roofing systems can save you more than 700 trillion Btu each year helping to reduce energy needs for cooling.
- Environmentally-Friendly: Cool roof systems help diminish the Urban Heat Island Effect, reducing air pollution and global warming.
- Create Less Waste: We recycle job site waste during the tear-off process to reduce the impact on landfills.
- Financial Incentives: A durable roof increases the life of your building and lowers energy costs, we install roof systems with comprehensive warranties of up to 25 years and can use the 179D and solar tax credits to provide incentives for green roof enhancements and solar systems
- Generate Revenue: Solar energy can be added to your rooftop to produce energy for your property and hedge against rising utility costs.
Advanced Roofing’s Commitment to Sustainability
- Solar Energy division with 350+ megawatts installed
- NABCEP/ LEED-Certified employees
- An award-winning contractor for sustainability from the Florida Roofing and Sheet Metal Association
- Development of a solar education center to teach the public about the importance of solar energy
- Solar panels were donated to several organizations like the Plantation High School Solar Knights and Junior Achievement to demonstrate the cost benefits of investment in green technology
- Company-wide recycling program for office supplies
- Installation of solar arrays at six company locations to provide environmental offsets and reduce our carbon footprint
- Use of electric and hybrid company vehicles
- Charge Point electric vehicle charging station partner
- Biodiesel fuel for compatible fleet
- Jobsite recycling of insulation, membrane, aluminum, sheet metal, and HVAC components
- Use of Dakin VRV air conditioning system at headquarters
- LED lighting throughout office buildings
- Installation of skylight ‘sola-tubes’ in offices/warehouses to maximize day-lighting