Advanced Roofing Inc. is seeking an eager candidate that is ready to begin their career in the Safety industry with a reputable construction company. With an established and credited safety program in place, the Safety Coordinator role is perfect for an enthusiastic and motivated person looking to gain experience and on the job training.
Our ideal candidate is bilingual in English and Spanish and is hungry for experience to kick start their Safety career. We are seeking a Safety Coordinator who is able to travel to our offices in Tampa, Sanford, and Jacksonville to enforce policies and educate employees on safety protocols. If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you, apply today!
Advanced Roofing, established in 1983, is the largest commercial roofer and specialty contractor in Florida, and the 10th largest in the country. The business has consistently experienced year over year growth, driven by its reputation for top-quality work and exceptional and professional customer service. Our leadership is built on the foundation of honesty, integrity, dedication, and identifying talented employees who share the same values and are committed to continuous growth.
Why Advanced Roofing?
- We are a family-owned business who believe people are our best asset
- We are dedicated and strongly believe in the importance of work/life balance
- We are a dog friendly environment
- We believe in TEAM work (Together Everyone Accomplishes More)
- Room for growth within the Safety Department
- Competitive pay
- Full benefits
- Receive on the job training
- Refer a friend and receive a bonus of up to $2,000!
- Performs jobsite Safety Evaluations in multiple areas
- Enforces current OSHA regulations (1926 & 1910) and company policies
- Coordinates and conducts the following safety training:
- Safety orientation for new employee
- Basic safety refresher training (Ladder Safety, PPE, etc.)
- Fall Protection
- Aerial Lifts
- Hazard Communication GHS SDS
- Tracks all training by employees/subs/department; create and file training certifications in a timely and orderly manner.
- Conducts accident/injury reporting which includes identifying root cause and contributing causes
- Conducts safety stand down meetings as a result of a safety deficiency on site.
- Conducts scheduled safety tool box talks, including ARI safety initiatives.
- Performs fire extinguisher inspection when applicable
- Performs PPE inspections when applicable and maintain log with inspection dates
- Responsible for purchasing and distributing safety equipment for employees
- Performs clerical duties related to the Safety department including but not limited to completing inspection logs, training certificates, forms (disciplinary action for safety violations), etc.
Skills, Experience, and Knowledge Required:
- Minimum Associates degree, Trade or Technical school required
- OSHA 10 Hour or Basic Knowledge of Construction Safety
- 1 – 5 years in Safety related position
- OSHA 10 or 30 Hour certification preferred
- Construction or General Industry Safety field experience is preferred
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record
- Successful Pre-Employment Drug Test
- Successful Background Investigation
- Bilingual English and Spanish required
- Capacity to be proactive and effectively communicate with and influence others
- Possess strong computer skills MS Office
- Need to withstand demands of extreme weather conditions and high temperatures
- Need to be physically fit and able to lift more than 50 lbs., frequently bending over when necessary
- Must be able to climb ladders to access a roof (Extension, Fixed, etc.)
Working Conditions | Environment | Special Requirements
- Full time onsite
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, State and Federal regulations.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing upon reasonable suspicion or any other regulatory requirement.
- The company is a “dog friendly” environment.
General Commitment for All Employees
- Commitment to Company values and complies with Company norms, policies, directives, and procedures.
- Follows all safety procedures and protocols.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities required to be performed by the employee. Performs all other duties as assigned.
- We are an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
CC-C024413 EOE DFWP