Advanced Roofing is looking for a Purchasing Assistant to join their all-star team! The ideal candidate is someone who has a can-do attitude and is very detail oriented. This person has excellent communication and customer service skills and can communicate with employees across the business.
Advanced Roofing, established in 1983, is the largest commercial roofer and specialty contractor in Florida and the 10th largest in the country. The business has consistently experienced year-over-year growth, driven by its reputation for top-quality work with exceptional and professional customer service. Our leadership is built on the foundation of honesty, integrity, and dedication. We strive to identify talented employees who share the same values and are committed to continuous growth.
With more than 500 employees, Advanced Roofing continues to promote the core values that shaped the foundation of our family business nearly 40 years ago. We believe that our people are our best asset and the cornerstone of our success. Each of us brings a unique passion for what we do and together, everyone achieves more.
Our leadership is built on the foundation of honesty, integrity, dedication, and the belief that price is what you pay; value is what you get.
Our commitment to quality goes beyond our work. To us, quality also means improving the life and well-being of our neighbors. That is why we invest in supporting the causes that better the communities in which we live and work.
What makes us Advanced? Each of our associates travels a unique path. Yet our personal and professional values are aligned to make our business thrive. Performance drives our company through the lens of service and integrity.
Why Advanced Roofing?
- We are a family-owned business who believe people are our best asset
- We are dedicated and strongly believe in the importance of work/life balance
- We are a dog friendly environment
- We believe in TEAM work (Together Everyone Accomplishes More)
- Room for growth within the Purchasing Department!
- Competitive pay
- Full benefits
Skills, Experience, and Knowledge Required
- Handle MBPO log daily
- Prepare and process requisitions/purchase orders for material, supplies, and miscellaneous items for various departments and offices
- Ensure proper coding on requisitions
- Collect and review all packing slips, pick tickets, bill of landings for all purchase orders
- Monitor requisitions to assure they are approved in a timely manner
- Save packing slips daily to digital folder for easy access for the Purchasing and Receiving Departments
- Interface with accounting to resolve any discrepancies between purchase orders and bill of landing/invoices
- Interface with ARI employees and vendors as needed
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of the company
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates Degree Preferred
- 0-1 years of experience in an office environment preferred
- Prior Purchasing experience preferred
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Successful Pre-Employment Drug
- Successful Background Check
- Proficient knowledge in computer skills: MS Office – Word, Excel, Outlook
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Detail Oriented Skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Bilingual in English and Spanish Preferred
Working Conditions | Environment | Special Requirements
- Full time onsite
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, State and Federal regulations.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing upon reasonable suspicion or any other regulatory requirement.
- The company is a “dog friendly” environment.
General Commitment for All Employees
- Commitment to Company values and complies with Company norms, policies, directives, and procedures.
- Follows all safety procedures and protocols.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities required to be performed by the employee. Performs all other duties as assigned.
- We are an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
CC-C024413 EOE DFWP