The Fleet Mechanic will diagnose, adjust, and repair vehicles/trucks and all types of gas and diesel engines and equipment’s.
• Diagnose and repair mechanical problems in machinery or equipment
• Repair transportation equipment
• Weld and use cutting torches
• Maintain work area clean and safe
• Handle road and service calls
• Maintain repair records
• Use oral or written communication techniques
• Follow safe waste disposal procedures
• Use combination welding procedures
• Test mechanical products or equipment
• Test operate vehicles before or after repair
• Use electrical or electronic test devices or equipment
• Use hand or power tools
• Set up and operate variety of machine tools
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Minimum 5 years
• Experience with welding and use of cutting torches
• Experience with troubleshooting running gears and electric systems
• Knowledge with gas and diesel engines and repairs
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Requires standing, kneeling, crouching, stooping or crawling, bending, twisting, keeping or regaining balance
• Requires using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls
• Requires face-to-face discussions with individuals or teams, contact with others (face-to-face, by telephone, or otherwise),
• Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable
• Includes exposure to contaminants
• Requires working in cramped work spaces and getting into awkward positions
• Requires working in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions
• Requires working in very hot (above 90 F degrees) or very cold (below 32 F degrees) temperatures
• Requires making decisions that impact the results of co-workers, clients or the company
• Opportunity to make decisions without supervision
• Requires exposure to hazardous conditions and equipment
• Requires being exact or highly accurate
• Requires repeating the same physical activities
• Requires meeting strict deadlines
• Requires work with others in a group or team
• Responsibility for the health and safety of others by wearing common protective or safety equipment
Working Conditions | Environment | Special Requirements
• Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, State and Federal regulations.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
• Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing upon reasonable suspicion or any other regulatory requirement.
• Must be able to work in a dog friendly environment
GENERAL COMMITEMENT FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
• Commitment to Company values and complies with Company norms, policies, directives, and procedures.
• Follows all safety procedures and protocols.
• Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
• Satisfies work schedule requirements.
• The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities required to be performed by the employee. Performs all other duties as assigned.
• We are an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
CC-C024413 EOE DFWP