Are you a hard-working individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys working outdoors, and is looking to take the next step in your roofing career? Look no further than Advanced Roofing, the #1 Commercial Roofing company in the state of Florida!
Advanced Roofing is looking for a hands-on and motivated Superintendent to join our Service team in our growing Fort Myers location. With the opportunity to drive the development and productivity of the business, this role is perfect for a motivated individual who enjoys working in a collaborative environment. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, has the ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally, and is able to manage their time with little direction while staying focused on top priorities. You must be a self-starter who is driven, sales-oriented, and is able to foster professional relationships with both peers and clients.
Advanced Roofing, established in 1983, is the largest commercial roofer and specialty contractor in Florida, and the 10th largest in the country. The business has consistently experienced year over year growth, driven by its reputation for top-quality work and exceptional and professional customer service. Our leadership is built on the foundation of honesty, integrity, dedication, and identifying talented employees who share the same values and are committed to continuous growth.
- We are a family-owned business who believe people are our best asset
- We are dedicated and strongly believe in the importance of work/life balance
- We are a dog friendly environment
- We believe in TEAM work (Together Everyone Accomplishes More)
- Room for growth within the Fort Myers location!
- Refer a friend and receive a bonus of up to $2,000!
The Service Superintendent assist in the management of the service division while continuing to reinforce professional solutions on time, on budget.
- Enforce branch objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards within the boundaries of corporate policy.
- Monitor quantity and quality of work performed by the branch.
- To provide leadership to foremen—fostering safety, teamwork, and discipline—resulting in efficient and professional roof system installation
- To represent the company in a professional manner in all dealings with customers, personnel, and the public
- To effectively manage all aspects of production to meet company and project goals
- Assist and help diagnose difficult leaks.
- Provide take-offs and proposals for customer requests.
- Assume additional responsibilities as required by the branch’s operating needs or as directed
Additional responsibilities below based on job function:
- Visit job sites daily
- Conduct or participate in daily safety audits
- Train field staff in safety, work skills and efficiency
- Provide ongoing feedback to field technicians regarding job performance
- Resolve complains and grievances; assist with discipline when necessary
- Discuss opportunities for professional development
- Conduct annual performance reviews
- Ensure production and quality goals
- Maintain understanding of contract information for jobs
- Track labor hours and production against stated goals
- Schedule materials, equipment and deliveries, paying special attention to using inventoried materials
- Monitor material usage, minimize waste, anticipate shortages and order materials as needed
- Coordinate, supervise and manage subcontractors
- Monitor quality of installations
Skills, Experience, and Knowledge Required
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Commercial Roofing and Roof Repair
- OSHA ten (10) hour safety course
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Successful background investigation
- Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record
- Successful Pre-Employment Drug Test
- Ability to properly repair modified bitumen, B.U.R., P.V.C., T.P.O., E.P.D.M., tile and metal roof systems
- Good communication and writing skills
- Basic computer skills with knowledge of scanning.
- The ability to perform math calculations relevant to roofing work
- The ability to teach others roof system installation skills
- The ability to identify and correct unsafe conditions according to company and OSHA standards
- The knowledge to inspect and ensure attention to detail and quality
Working Conditions | Environment | Special Requirements
- Full time onsite
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, State and Federal regulations.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing upon reasonable suspicion or any other regulatory requirement.
- The company is a “dog friendly” environment.
General Commitment for All Employees
- Commitment to Company values and complies with Company norms, policies, directives, and procedures.
- Follows all safety procedures and protocols.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities required to be performed by the employee. Performs all other duties as assigned.
- We are an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
CC-C024413 EOE DFWP