Advanced Roofing Inc. is seeking experienced commercial roofing project managers in our Sanford and Fort Lauderdale locations now! The ideal candidate has well rounded experience in the commercial roofing trade and is eager to take the next step in their career as a Project Manager. Excellent organizational, management, and interpersonal communication skills are a must for success in this role.
Advanced Roofing, established in 1983, is the largest commercial roofer and specialty contractor in Florida and the 10th largest in the country. The business has consistently experienced year-over-year growth, driven by its reputation for top-quality work with exceptional and professional customer service. Our leadership is built on the foundation of honesty, integrity, and dedication. We strive to identify talented employees who share the same values and are committed to continuous growth.
With more than 500 employees, Advanced Roofing continues to promote the core values that shaped the foundation of our family business nearly 40 years ago. We believe that our people are our best asset and the cornerstone of our success. Each of us brings a unique passion for what we do and together, everyone achieves more.
Our leadership is built on the foundation of honesty, integrity, dedication, and the belief that price is what you pay; value is what you get.
Our commitment to quality goes beyond our work. To us, quality also means improving the life and well-being of our neighbors. That is why we invest in supporting the causes that better the communities in which we live and work.
What makes us Advanced? Each of our associates travels a unique path. Yet our personal and professional values are aligned to make our business thrive. Performance drives our company through the lens of service and integrity.
Why Advanced Roofing?
- We are a family-owned business who believe people are our best asset
- We are dedicated and strongly believe in the importance of work/life balance
- We are a dog friendly environment
- We believe in TEAM work (Together Everyone Accomplishes More)
- Competitive pay
- Full benefits
- Refer a friend and receive a bonus of up to $2,000!
The Roofing Project Manager oversees the planning, execution and closing of secure commercial roofing projects.
- Plan, organize and schedule the activities of construction managers and subcontractors to achieve project objectives
- Liaison with building owner to facilitate construction activities
- Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of on-site foreman to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures
- Represent company in project meetings, assist in labor negotiations/strategy meetings, etc.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with Clients
- Oversee total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives, A/E representatives, union officials, subcontractors, security, etc.
- Ensure all company, client, and project policies, procedures, standards, etc., are adhered to
- Maintain official project log and documentation files
- Assist with implementation/interpretation of safety programs
- Provide direction to planning, scheduling, and engineering functions as required
- Review contracts to understand project requirements and constraints
- Develop and send out bid requests to Engineers, Subcontractors, Vendors, evaluating the responses to award contracts based on price, value, experience, customer service, etc.
- Review Engineering drawings to ensure proper system design to meet customers’ needs and deliverables of contract
- Facilitate weekly project meetings and track actions items
- Risk Planning and mitigation throughout project lifecycle
Skills, Experience, and Knowledge Required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing commercial roofing projects
- Knowledge of the Florida Product Approvals
- Experience with TPO, Modified, and Built-Up Roof Systems required
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record
- Successful Pre-Employment Drug Test
- Successful Background Check
- Bilingual – English and Spanish a plus
- Excellent communication, presentation and follow up skills required
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A strong work ethic and a high level of self-motivation
- Ability to work independently while contributing to a team environment
- Participate in local community, non-profit, or governmental activities/organizations for both company business development and personal improvement
Working Conditions | Environment | Special Requirements
- Full time onsite
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, State and Federal regulations.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing upon reasonable suspicion or any other regulatory requirement.
- The company is a “dog friendly” environment.
General Commitment for All Employees
- Commitment to Company values and complies with Company norms, policies, directives, and procedures.
- Follows all safety procedures and protocols.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities required to be performed by the employee. Performs all other duties as assigned.
- We are an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
CC-C024413 EOE DFWP