Advanced Roofing, established in 1983, is the largest commercial roofer and specialty contractor in Florida and the 10th largest in the country. The business has consistently experienced year-over-year growth, driven by its reputation for top-quality work with exceptional and professional customer service. Our leadership is built on the foundation of honesty, integrity, and dedication. We strive to identify talented employees who share the same values and are committed to continuous growth.
With more than 500 employees, Advanced Roofing continues to promote the core values that shaped the foundation of our family business nearly 40 years ago. We believe that our people are our best asset and the cornerstone of our success. Each of us brings a unique passion for what we do and together, everyone achieves more.
Our leadership is built on the foundation of honesty, integrity, dedication, and the belief that price is what you pay; value is what you get.
Our commitment to quality goes beyond our work. To us, quality also means improving the life and well-being of our neighbors. That is why we invest in supporting the causes that better the communities in which we live and work.
What makes us Advanced? Each of our associates travels a unique path. Yet our personal and professional values are aligned to make our business thrive. Performance drives our company through the lens of service and integrity.
Why Advanced Roofing?
- Refer a friend and receive a bonus of up to $2,000!
- Over 8.5 million Sq. Ft of work and materials available!
- We are a family-owned business who believe people are our best asset
- We are dedicated and strongly believe in the importance of work/life balance
- We are a dog friendly environment
- We believe in TEAM work (Together Everyone Accomplishes More)
- Competitive pay
- Full benefits
The Roofing Construction Manager manages field personnel and oversees safety, production, subcontractors, material, and quality control of all projects, while continuing to reinforce professional solutions on time, on budget.
- Review roofing estimator proposals for accuracy
- Review Construction drawings for constructability, planning and forecasting.
- Monitor jobs daily
- Oversee construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives, A/E representatives, subcontractors, security, etc.
- Plan, coordinate and/or supervise activities of all company personnel on assigned project(s)
- Ensure all company, client, and project policies, procedures, standards, etc., are adhered to
- Maintain official project log and documentation files including daily reports, equipment utilizations reports, photograph logs.
- Assist with implementation/interpretation of safety programs
- Provide direction to planning, scheduling, and engineering functions as required
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction
- Organize job schedules
- Purchasing and Tracking of materials as needed for continuous operation of project.
- Order on site testing from engineering services per project demands.
- Schedule meetings with clients and subcontractors
- Recruit qualified employees for company and forecast labor needs to operations managers at least two weeks in advance.
- Ensure timesheets are filled out daily and correctly
- Work with roof crews to maintain and improve moral
- Schedule and complete employee evaluations yearly
- Work with crews and property managers/consultants/condo boards to complete and turn in bonus paperwork
- Enforce company policies and standards
- Meet with roofing foreman for crew selection and set production goals before job start
- Manage construction schedule for projects and employees
- Monitor and secure material on jobs daily
- Monitor production on all jobs to ensure budgets are met (or beat) daily
- Meet with other trades to ensure job flow daily
- Monitor quality through field inspections/customer feedback.
- Oversee that rough and final inspections are called in and pass
- Manage subcontractors for safety, QA/QC and production goals in line with ARI Schedules.
- Order material for daily material needs
- Negotiate and purchase large orders
- Secure long lead time items to ensure delivery so job and workflow are not interrupted
- Schedule and coordinate deliveries and cranes for large jobs
- Ensure all materials on jobs daily
- Ensure all crews have equipment necessary to complete jobs daily
- Schedule and coordinate cranes and material deliveries
Skills, Experience, and Knowledge Required
- High school degree or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 5 years of commercial roofing construction management experience
- Must have experience managing employees
Skills & Requirements
- Profficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook, Teams)
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record
- Successful Pre-Employment Drug test
- Successful background investigation
- Excellent communication, presentation and follow up skills required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A strong work ethic and a high level of self-motivation
- Ability to work independently while contributing to a team environment
Working Conditions | Environment | Special Requirements
- Full time onsite
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, State and Federal regulations.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing upon reasonable suspicion or any other regulatory requirement.
- The company is a “dog friendly” environment.
General Commitment for All Employees
- Commitment to Company values and complies with Company norms, policies, directives, and procedures.
- Follows all safety procedures and protocols.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities required to be performed by the employee. Performs all other duties as assigned.
- We are an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
CC-C024413 EOE DFWP