Due to strong company growth, Advanced Roofing Inc. is seeking an experienced Business Developer to join our Fort Lauderdale branch in taking the initiative to create and achieve sales goals. In this role, you will have the opportunity to generate and execute strategies for growth and development of the business, providing key support to business partners and clients.
The ideal candidate is goal-oriented, passionate, and has strong interpersonal communication skills. Previous experience working in the construction industry in a business development, marketing, or sales role is strongly preferred.
Advanced Roofing, established in 1983, is the largest commercial roofer and specialty contractor in Florida, and the 10th largest in the country. The business has consistently experienced year over year growth, driven by its reputation for top-quality work and exceptional and professional customer service. Our leadership is built on the foundation of honesty, integrity, dedication, and identifying talented employees who share the same values and are committed to continuous growth.
Why Advanced Roofing?
- We are a family-owned business who believe people are our best asset
- We are dedicated and strongly believe in the importance of work/life balance
- We are a dog friendly environment
- We believe in TEAM work (Together Everyone Accomplishes More)
- Competitive pay
- Full benefits
- Refer a friend and receive a bonus of up to $2,000!
Targets and increase sales in South Florida’s commercial re-roof markets. Build relationships and term contracts.
- Attend Associations Meetings weekly
- Attend Central Florida Tradeshows for potential leads and contacts
- Follow up with previous clients
- Identify new business opportunities for roofing and solar
- Identify and contact key decision makers for re-roof projects
- Set up lunches and mixers with potential clients
- Cold calls to create new business
Skills, Experience, and Knowledge Required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years of commercial construction sales preferred
- 3-5 years of marketing experience preferred
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record
- Successful Pre-Employment Drug test
- Successful Background Check
- Excellent communication, presentation and follow up skills required
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A strong work ethic and a high level of self-motivation
- Ability to work independently while contributing to a team environment
- Participate in local community, non-profit, or governmental activities/organizations for both company business development and personal improvement
Working Conditions | Environment | Special Requirements
- Full time onsite
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, State and Federal regulations.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing upon reasonable suspicion or any other regulatory requirement.
- The company is a “dog friendly” environment.
General Commitment for All Employees
- Commitment to Company values and complies with Company norms, policies, directives, and procedures.
- Follows all safety procedures and protocols.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities required to be performed by the employee. Performs all other duties as assigned.
- We are an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
CC-C024413 EOE DFWP