Advanced Roofing Inc, one of the leading commercial roofing companies in south Florida is currently hiring for a Boom Truck/Crane Operator with a CDL Class A license. The Boom Truck/Crane Operator will diagnose, adjust, and repair vehicles/trucks and all types of gas and diesel engines and equipment.
• Operate boom truck crane to lift, move, position or place equipment and materials such as but not limited to light gauge steel trusses, walls, and floors at construction sites.
• Perform pre-operational inspection and calculate crane capacities and weight to prepare for rigging and hoisting.
• Perform routine maintenance check on boom truck.
• Follow all company & OSHA safety regulations.
• Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Operates crane smoothly to prevent excessive grapple swings, eliminate cable jerking, and reduce wear on electrical and mechanical parts.
• Performs timely and complete crane inspections each shift.
• Records and logs inspection data, such as cable cuts and service length of cables, to identify recurring problems.
• Completes required lubrication of all grease points on the cranes and grapples.
• Maintains the crane control room and the area on and around the crane deck in a clean, neat, and orderly condition at all times.
• Trains other staff to operate the crane as necessary.
• Has depth perception and fine motor skills to operate cranes smoothly
• Anticipates typical problems, identifies potential or recurring problems, and takes appropriate action. Troubleshoots equipment and assists in diagnosing problem areas.
• Operates other equipment including, but not limited to, industrial forklifts, man lifts, skid steer type loaders, and other mobile equipment.
• Ensure accuracy of load
• Drive safely and in compliance with all federal, state, and company regulations.
• Deliver load/product properly and safely.
• Provide courteous and professional service with customers.
• Complete all required paperwork promptly and accurately.
• Work cooperatively with Warehouse personnel
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Minimum 3 years’ experience required
• Knowledge with gas and diesel engines and repairs
• Experience with welding and use of cutting torches
• Experience with troubleshooting running gears and electric systems
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Class A or B CDL Driver’s License
• Must be able to pass a 7-year clean driver’s license check
• Minimum 18 years of age
• Successful Pre-Employment Drug Test
• Must have own tools
Working Conditions | Environment | Special Requirements
• Full time onsite
• Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, State and Federal regulations.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
• Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing upon reasonable suspicion or any other regulatory requirement.
• Must be able to work in a dog friendly environment
GENERAL COMMITEMENT FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
• Commitment to Company values and complies with Company norms, policies, directives, and procedures.
• Follows all safety procedures and protocols.
• Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
• Satisfies work schedule requirements.
• The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities required to be performed by the employee. Performs all other duties as assigned.
• We are an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
CC-C024413 EOE DFWP