Looking to take the next step in your Accounting career? Interested in working for a company that invests in your growth and development? Advanced Roofing has what you are looking for!
Advanced Roofing is looking for an Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our team of dedicated and collaborative individuals! You are detail-oriented, organized and are able to plan and prioritize your tasks and manage your time effectively. You stay focused, accept responsibility and accountability, and value coaching, feedback, and the opportunity to learn and develop; quickly applying what you’ve learned to successfully execute your job duties. You must have strong communication skills, be a self-starter, driven, hard-working, and have the ability to work well independently.
Advanced Roofing, established in 1983, is the largest commercial roofer and specialty contractor in Florida, and the 10th largest in the country. The business has consistently experienced year over year growth, driven by its reputation for top-quality work and exceptional and professional customer service. Our leadership is built on the foundation of honesty, integrity, dedication, and identifying talented employees who share the same values and are committed to continuous growth.
- We are a family owned business who believe people are our best asset
- We are dedicated and believe in the importance of work life balance
- We are a dog friendly environment
- We believe in TEAM work (Together Everyone Accomplishes More)
- Room for growth, training, and development within the Accounting department
The AR Specialist will report directly to the Controller and work closely and collaboratively with team members and operational employees to ensure that all customers are properly invoiced, all invoices and cash applications are posted timely, and provide effective reporting and monitoring of Company receivables.
- Prepares and posts customers invoices in Company’s ERP system
- Applies customer payments to ERP AR subledger; performs credits and debits to customer AR accounts
- Performs AR monitoring and collection reporting to assist both Senior Management and Field Operations management in evaluating the status of outstanding customer receivable balances
- Perform initial collection and follow-up receivable pursuit contact calls to assist in the collection of delinquent outstanding receivables, and documents the status of such pursuits for field and senior management
- Performs other accounting and administrative activities in support of the accounting department
- Assists controller in preparing key metrics and analysis
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting desired but not required
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in accounting preferred
- Experience using ERP systems beneficial
- Working knowledge of Excel required; advanced skills highly beneficial
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate with varying levels within the organization
- Experience in a contracting or construction environment, or other long term contract business, is beneficial but not required
Working Conditions | Environment | Special Requirements
- Full time onsite
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, State and Federal regulations.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing upon reasonable suspicion or any other regulatory requirement.
- The company is a “dog friendly” environment.
GENERAL COMMITEMENT FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
- Commitment to Company values and complies with Company norms, policies, directives, and procedures.
- Follows all safety procedures and protocols.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities required to be performed by the employee. Performs all other duties as assigned.
- We are an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
CC-C024413 EOE DFWP