As the Accounting Manager at Advanced Roofing Inc., you will be responsible for overseeing and actively contributing to our accounts receivable and accounts payable processes. This role will require a meticulous eye for detail and the ability to handle a wide range of financial tasks, from AP invoice entry and payment to supplier statement reconciliation. You will also manage billing for all roofing contract jobs, cash collections, lien release forms, and more.
Advanced Roofing, established in 1983, is the largest commercial roofer and specialty contractor in Florida and the 10th largest in the country. The business has consistently experienced year-over-year growth, driven by its reputation for top-quality work with exceptional and professional customer service. Our leadership is built on the foundation of honesty, integrity, and dedication. We strive to identify talented employees who share the same values and are committed to continuous growth.
Why Advanced Roofing?
With more than 500 employees, Advanced Roofing continues to promote the core values that shaped the foundation of our family business nearly 40 years ago. We believe that our people are our best asset and the cornerstone of our success. Each of us brings a unique passion for what we do and together, everyone achieves more.
Our leadership is built on the foundation of honesty, integrity, dedication, and the belief that price is what you pay; value is what you get.
Our commitment to quality goes beyond our work. To us, quality also means improving the life and well-being of our neighbors. That is why we invest in supporting the causes that better the communities in which we live and work.
What makes us Advanced? Each of our associates travels a unique path. Yet our personal and professional values are aligned to make our business thrive. Performance drives our company through the lens of service and integrity.
· Day to day management, coaching and training of all AP and AR specialists (5 people)
· Reviews and performs AR monitoring and collection reporting with AR Specialists to assist both Senior Management and Field Operations management in evaluating the status of outstanding customer receivable balances.
· Ensure collections and follow-up receivable pursuit contact calls are completed to drive the collection of delinquent outstanding receivables and documents the status of such pursuits for field and senior management, escalating for help, as needed.
· Ensure daily Customer invoicing of AIA & other billing contracts as well as miscellaneous AR billings are completed within 3 working days of receipt and sent to the project manager and customer, when finalized.
· Ensure all customer payments are posted to the ERP AR subledger within 24 hours of receipt.
· Ensure any AR adjustments are completed within 4 days of receipt, including obtaining senior management approvals, as needed.
· Ensure customer statements are sent out by the AR specialists at least once a month.
· Prepare weekly reporting to all department supervisors and project managers showing updated AR aging balances with recent collection notes and action tracking.
· Complete and obtain approvals for all customer requests for releases of Lien – with a 24-hour turnaround.
· Research AR balances, credits, double billings, payments, and help AR specialists to resolve.
· Ensures all AP invoices are entered into AP subledger within 72 hours of receipt, with proper approvals and are correctly coded.
· Maximize early payment discounts on all available AP invoices.
· Resolves any issues with supplier payments, on hold accounts, credit requests, pricing discrepancies.
· Ensures that all supplier statement reconciliations are done for all major suppliers at least monthly and all active accounts at least quarterly/annually depending on activity.
· Runs AP payments listing on a weekly basis to obtain approval for AP payment runs from CFO.
· Processing of AP payments, employee expenses and any ad hoc project advance payments (as required).
· Performs other accounting and administrative activities in support of the accounting department.
· Assists Assistant Controller in preparing key metrics and analysis.
Skills, Experience, and Knowledge Required
· College degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- 5 – 10 Years and at least 3 years as a manager
- Prior A/R experience in the construction industry a plus
Experience with Solomon Dynamics or Spitfire a plus
Skills & Requirements
· Minimum 18 years of age
· Successful Pre-Employment Drug
· Successful Background Check
· Must be organized, thorough and detail oriented.
· Must have strong AIA billing, release of liens, and collections experience.
· Must have experience in fast paced environment with a high volume of AP invoices processed.
· Must have excellent communication skills for daily interfaces with internal and external customers.
· Must be proficient in MS Excel
· Proven ability to work in a fast-paced and high-volume environment.
Working Conditions | Environment | Special Requirements
· Full time onsite
· Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, State and Federal regulations.
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing upon reasonable suspicion or any other regulatory requirement.
· The company is a “dog friendly” environment.
General Commitment for All Employees
· Commitment to Company values and complies with Company norms, policies, directives, and procedures.
· Follows all safety procedures and protocols.
· Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
· Satisfies work schedule requirements.
· The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities required to be performed by the employee. Performs all other duties as assigned.
· We are an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
CC-C024413 EOE DFWP