The 2018 ABC Roofing Apprenticeship Program Timeline
- April-June 30 – Applicants are screened and selected for a summer pre-qualifying paid boot camp
- July – August – Selected candidates will complete basic pre-qualifying boot camp and successful candidates will be invited into the 2018 Roofing Apprenticeship program
- August 15 – Classes begin and follow the Broward County Schools calendar. Classes are held 3-hours, one night a week for the duration of the program
Upon completion of the Advanced Roofing/ABC Roofing Apprenticeship 3-year program, students will have successfully achieved:
- 144 classroom hours per year for a total of 432 (actual program of 436.5) hours as outlined below
- 2000 on the job training hours per year (40-hour week) for a total of 6000 hours
- State Certified Roofing Technician Certification approved by the Florida Department of Education,Department of Labor and the Department of Veteran Affairs, Benefits Division
Semester 1 (75Hours)
Students will learn basic roofing safety practices and gain the knowledge and understanding of basic roofing materials and equipment.
Semester 2 (76 Hours)
Students will learn essential communication and employability skills, metal roofing materials, characteristics, layout and design.
Semester 3 (75 Hours)
Students will learn basic construction mathematics, roofing applications and systems.
Semester 4 (75 Hours)
Students will learn more in-depth roofing applications and systems.
Semester 5 (73Hours)
Students will learn roofing panels, adhesives and waterproofing systems.
Semester 6 (77Hours)
Students will learn advanced roofing repair tools and techniques, permitting, basic solar roofing applications and fundamental leadership skills.
For questions, please visit our [FAQs Page] or email email@example.com.