Are you a hard-working individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys working outdoors, and is looking to take the next step in your roofing career? Look no further than Advanced Roofing, the #1 Commercial Roofing company in the state of Florida!
Advanced Roofing is looking for a hands-on and motivated Estimator to join our Service team in our Fort Myers location. With the opportunity to drive the development and productivity of the business, this role is perfect for a motivated individual who enjoys working in a collaborative environment. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, has the ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally, and is able to manage their time with little direction while staying focused on top priorities. You must be a self-starter who is driven, sales-oriented, and is able to foster professional relationships with both peers and clients.
Advanced Roofing, established in 1983, is the largest commercial roofer and specialty contractor in Florida and the 10th largest in the country. The business has consistently experienced year-over-year growth, driven by its reputation for top-quality work with exceptional and professional customer service. Our leadership is built on the foundation of honesty, integrity, and dedication. We strive to identify talented employees who share the same values and are committed to continuous growth.
With more than 500 employees, Advanced Roofing continues to promote the core values that shaped the foundation of our family business nearly 40 years ago. We believe that our people are our best asset and the cornerstone of our success. Each of us brings a unique passion for what we do and together, everyone achieves more.
Our leadership is built on the foundation of honesty, integrity, dedication, and the belief that price is what you pay; value is what you get.
Our commitment to quality goes beyond our work. To us, quality also means improving the life and well-being of our neighbors. That is why we invest in supporting the causes that better the communities in which we live and work.
What makes us Advanced? Each of our associates travels a unique path. Yet our personal and professional values are aligned to make our business thrive. Performance drives our company through the lens of service and integrity.
Why Advanced Roofing?
- We are a family-owned business who believe people are our best asset
- We are dedicated and strongly believe in the importance of work/life balance
- We are a dog friendly environment
- We believe in TEAM work (Together Everyone Accomplishes More)
- Room for growth within the Fort Myers department!
- Refer a friend and receive a bonus of up to $2,000!
The Commercial Roofing Service Estimator meets with clients and provides quality estimating services and proposals. The estimator will coordinate full estimating services on large, complex work and various types of contracts, while providing top notch customer service.
- Perform daily tasks in scheduling, construction site visits, estimating and sales of all roofing services provided by Advanced Roofing, including customer follow ups, service project managements, materials ordering and management
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Review and incorporate historical data from purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc. into unit and man-hour figures.
- Ensures all working documents and data are maintained to back-up estimate figures
- Tracks awarded contracts as required – may include estimating/pricing extra work items, change orders, credit, procuring materials, etc.
- Works with other departments to evaluate rates for estimating
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
Skills, Experience, and Knowledge Required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience acceptable
- 5 years’ experience in commercial roofing applications, management, and estimating
- Experience estimating large commercial roofs (over 2,000 Sq. Ft)
- Construction estimating experience preferred
Skills & Requirements
- Thorough knowledge of construction estimating techniques, engineering disciplines, cost control systems and accounts
- Knowledge of all types of commercial roof systems and applicable repair methods
- Successful background check
- Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record
- Successful Pre-Employment Drug Test
- Minimum 18 years of age
Working Conditions | Environment | Special Requirements
- Full time onsite
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, State and Federal regulations.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing upon reasonable suspicion or any other regulatory requirement.
- The company is a “dog friendly” environment.
General Commitment for All Employees
- Commitment to Company values and complies with Company norms, policies, directives, and procedures.
- Follows all safety procedures and protocols.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities required to be performed by the employee. Performs all other duties as assigned.
- We are an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
CC-C024413 EOE DFWP