Modified Bitumen Roofing Systems Florida
Modified Bitumen roofing is one of the most popular types of roofing systems. It can be installed with one or multiple layers, depending on the roof’s substrate.
There are two types of modified roof systems:
- SBS (Styrene Butadiene Styrene): SBS membranes can be mopped in hot asphalt, torch applied, or cold-process applied. SBS modified systems work well in a warm climate with high UV rays because of its expansion and contraction capabilities.
- APP (Atactic Polypropylene): APP membranes are torch applied, which requires less room and equipment than a mopped SBS system. APP systems are very strong because of the fiberglass in the material.
Both SBS and APP systems are good heat reflectors because of the granules in the cap sheet, or top layer. The granules are also a fire retardant. Modified systems should be installed on roofs with not less than ¼” slope in order to achieve positive drainage.
When installed in single layers, a modified roof system has a 12-16 year life span. Multiple layers add to the life of the system. We offer many different warranties on our modified systems, including and up to 20-year no dollar limit warranties.
Benefits of Modified Bitumen Roofing System
- Factory manufactured rolls are easier to install and ensure quality control
- Available in a wide variety of colors with little to no quantity restrictions
- Proven history for exceptional strength and toughness
- Easy to maintain and repair
- Resistant to weather, thermal shock and splitting
- Superior fire resistance
- Meets building codes and insurance requirements
- Strongest puncture resistance of any roofing system